- a heat lamp must be used for the first 4-6 weeks with a temperature starting at 90-95°F decreasing by 5°F each week
- chicks cannot be on wire for the first 7-10 days and must instead start on soft padding (drawer liners work well) and after 5 days pine shavings can be added
- a no-drown waterer is highly recommended
- chicks need access to clean water 24 hours a day
- quail chicks will need feed as soon as you get them home. We recommend game starter of 22-28%. We have 24% non-medicated game starter crumb available here in small quantities
- quail chicks must be kept indoors and out of draft away from other pets and small children
- we sell all of our quail chicks boxed and do not ship. Local pick up in north Etobicoke only.
- chicks must be kept warm during transport. Crank the heater in your car to the point where you are uncomfortably hot to ensure they are hot enough
Video of quail hatching
Here's the moments that a little coturnix quail made the last push out of the egg! Quail chick caught h...
Free Quail Egg Carton Labels
Our quail egg cartons have a flat top perfect for your logo/graphic as well as the nutritional information for the eg...
Stop pecking in your flock with Pinless Peepers!
Save 15% off Peepers with discount code PEEPER15 at checkout!From time to time you may end up with a bad egg, errr, c...